How to Immigrate to Quebec As a Skilled Worker
Quebec is one of the most prosperous regions of Canada. It is the largest province in terms of land size and output levels. The province has a ranking of 28th for GDP levels in the world. It also has multiple industries such as IT, aerospace, multimedia and software. Currently 1, 45,000 people are employed here in different industries.
So, due to the economic prosperity of this region, the demand for manpower is huge here.
The scheme for Quebec worker immigration is known as “Quebec skilled worker”. Under it, the immigrant needs to fulfill certain criteria:
· The aspirant should have qualifications i.e. training as per the area of training (AOT) list of this region.
· The training qualification of the candidate, it should have gained in a period of 5 years prior to making an application for this immigration class. If the diploma is older than 5 years, then the candidate should also have a work experience of 1 year as per his field of education.
The work experience should not be older than 5 years. It can be part time or full time, and can be paid or not paid.
The other criteria which are relevant for application are:
· The age of the candidate should not be lower than seventeen years at the time of application.
· He should have proven English proficiency levels of not less than CLB 5.
· A candidate can also prove his proficiency in French levels by getting level 7 in the “Quebec level of competence scale” in French exam.
· A candidate must also have job offer from any Quebec employer.
· The characteristics of a spouse like the language proficiency and education also count in getting residency as a Quebec skilled worker.
· The candidate can also get points for the age of the children who are accompanying him. If his children are less than the age of 19, then he can also get points for that. Even more, points can be earned for candidates whose children are younger than 12 years.
· The candidates who are planning to immigrate should also enter into a contract as per which they have financial self-sufficiency for themselves and their family members for their stay in Québec. This self-sufficiency for the family should be for a minimum period of 3 months following a candidate’s coming into Quebec.
The candidates can seek the help of a Canada immigration agency to get more information on this matter. A candidate can only become eligible for Quebec immigration once he is able to get 49 points whereas if he is migrating with his spouse he should be able to score 57 points.